Black River : P-2569
- Black R
- 29.60 MW
- Download License
- ERIE BOULEVARD HYDROPOWER, L.P
This project is located on the Black River in Jefferson County, New York.
The project has five developments spanning approximately 17 miles:
- the 5.4-MW Herrings Development, at river mile 27.5, in the Towns of Wilna and Champion and the Village of Herrings,
- the 10.8-MW Deferiet Development, at river mile 26, in the Towns of Wilna and Champion and the Village of Deferiet,
- the 5.4-MW Kamargo Development, at river mile 17, in the Towns of LeRay and Rutland and the Village of Black River,
- the 6.0-MW Black River Development, at river mile 15, in the Towns of LeRay and Rutland and the Village of Black River, and
- and the 2.0-MW Sewalls Development, at river mile 10, in the City of Watertown (Watertown)
Fish and wildlife resources, water quality, recreation, lands management and ownership, and aesthetics
A Settlement for this project was signed by Niagara Mohawk, Beebee Island, NPS, FWS, NYSDEC, the Adirondack Mountain Club, American Rivers, New York Rivers, Heritage, the New York Council of Trout Unlimited, and the New York State Conservation Council.
The settlement encompasses the Beebee Island Project (P-2538) and the Black River Project (P-2569).