On April 8, 2011 FERC Staff issued a Final Environmental Assessment (FEA) for the Claytor Hydroelectric Project (P-769) on the New River in Pulaski county, Virginia.In the FEA, the FERC staff have not...
Claytor : P-739
- New R
- 75.00 MW
- Download License
- APPALACHIAN POWER COMPANY
Constructed in 1939, the Claytor project has had two previous license- one issued in May 1943 and the other in August 1980. The newest license was issued in December 2011. The project is located on the New River in Pulaski County in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- a 1,142-foot-long, 137 foot high concrete gravity dam;
- a 4,363-acre reservoir with a storage capacity of 225,000 acre-feet at a normal pool elevation of 1,846.0 feet National Geodetic Vertical Datum (NGVD);
- four 16-foot-diameter penstocks;
- a powerhouse integral with the dam containing four generating units with a combined capacity of 75 MW;
- an 827-foot-long transmission line; and
- appurtenant equipment.
|License Application Filed||06-29-2009|
|Draft EA Issued by FERC||08-12-2010|
|Final EA Issued||04-08-2011|
- Erosion and Sedimentation within Claytor Lake and downstream of the New River
- Effects on Federally listed endangered Virginia fringed mountain snail
- Effects on State-listed mussel species